Cooley's Israel practice reflects the increased prominence of Israeli technology and the dramatic growth of venture investments in Israeli companies. We counsel Israeli companies across a wide range of industries, including life sciences, clean tech, semiconductors, software, virtual call centers, free-range optical networks, Internet infrastructure and wireless communications. We also assist U.S. entities in their dealings with Israeli-based businesses, helping them license operations, form strategic alliances and acquire Israeli technology companies. Our attorneys have worked closely with leading Israeli law, accounting and venture capital firms, and they are familiar with the legal and business opportunities and challenges presented by U.S.-Israeli business transactions.
Our relationships and experience in the technology and venture capital communities, combined with our insight into U.S. and Israeli technology and financial markets, contribute to our clients' successes. Several of our attorneys frequently transact business in Hebrew and have worked both in the U.S. and Israel, and all team members have the background, interests and experiences that are essential for effective representation of both Israeli companies in the United States and U.S. entities conducting transactions with their Israeli counterparts.
In our dealings, we routinely:
- Guide clients through the stages of private financings and public offerings
- Provide day to day corporate counseling and assist with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Help clients establish and execute option and employee benefits plans, grants of options and other incentive compensation
- Represent buyers, sellers, investors and other stakeholders in connection with mergers and acquisitions
- Establish U.S. affiliates
- Advise on corporate, litigation and employment matters
- Help structure and implement U.S. and international business operations, strategic alliances, joint ventures and reorganizations
- Provide international tax planning for Israeli corporations across a range of business transactions, including cross-border mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and tax-efficient structuring or restructuring of international operations
- Counsel clients on how to protect and commercialize their technology
- Assist with international financing and derivative transactions, financial instruments, Subpart F and PFIC issues and U.S. real estate investments
- Assist high-net-worth individuals and families with U.S. tax planning, including with respect to immigration to, or expatriation from, the United States.